High School & Beyond Plan
What is the High School & Beyond Plan (HSBP)?
The completion of a High School and Beyond Plan is a Washington State high school graduation requirement for all students. The HSBP process begins in 7th grade, with updates, revisions and new activities occurring each year to guide students as they progress through middle and high school and prepare for their post-secondary aspirations.
The High School & Beyond Plan includes the following components:
- Identification of career goals, aided by a skills and career interest inventory assessment;
- Identification of educational goals for graduation and beyond;
- Four-year plan for course-taking in high school that fulfills state and local graduation requirements and aligns with the student's career and educational goals;
- Resume or activity log by end of 12th grade that provides a written compilation of the student’s activities/athletics, leadership opportunities, work experience, or community service that can be used for writing personal statements, application essays, or scholarship applications;
- When needed, interventions, academic support, and/or courses that enable a student to meet high school graduation requirements.